WitchesBrewHaHa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to chat with fans of the show, and get answers to your questions!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Men's Spirituality

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daystar

Men's Spirituality Empty
PostSubject: Men's Spirituality   Men's Spirituality Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I audible gasped and cringed when I heard you offer up AJ Drew's books on male spirituality. I realize you're not familiar with that point of view (y'know, being a girl and all). The rest of your list is pretty good, honestly, but AJ's books? FULL OF CRAP. FULL OF CRAZY. He's ... a terrible author and his books reflect that.

My personal favorites on that list are Sons of the Goddess and Path of the Green Man. Of course, being a gay man in the Craft, I lean towards those books more naturally.

I'm not sure if there are any men's retreats that aren't specifically for gay men (Between the Worlds is for men-who-love-men) except [i]possibly{/i] Midwest Men's Festival (though I don't know how spiritual it is), but I think it'd be interesting to see how straight men in the Craft deal with being in the Craft and their perspective.

Thank you for hitting on this topic. I'd love to hear more podcasters take on the subject.

~ Daystar ~
sunny
Back to top Go down
William Dragonwolfe

William Dragonwolfe

Men's Spirituality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men's Spirituality   Men's Spirituality Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:19 pm

H i Daystar!

In reading your post, your statement about straight men got me thinking. Being that I am a straight man that practices the Craft, I at first wondered just what you were talking about. Now, admittedly, information for the male Pagan is in short supply. Ingenuity and the will to Love Mother Goddess and Father God goes a long, long way. The information is there, and in many forms. The base message in every book applies to everyone. My beliefs are not governed by my sex, my sexual orientation, the color of my skin, my income, the clothes I wear or the music I listen to. My beliefs are governed by my heart, soul and mind. Together, they tell me that Mother Goddess and Father God is in us as well as all around us. Magick is real and can be used to hurt or heal. These are things I know are real, for me, I know it deep inside. I have a hard time understanding how a person can say that another person's beliefs are not valid, just from their appearance.
Back to top Go down
Daystar

Men's Spirituality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men's Spirituality   Men's Spirituality Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey, William,

I apologize for the extreme lateness of this response. I had meant to send it in August when your comment came through, but I was gearing up for BTW and it went completely out of my head.

What I meant by the sexual orientation thing is that because both Christopher Penczak and Michael Thomas Ford are gay, I tend toward their books more than I would, say, AJ Drew's Wicca for Men (*shudder*) or Isaac Bonewits' The Pagan Man. A good deal of that is because I tend to support GLBT authors, but also because I like their writing styles much more.

I'm sure there's more that I wanted or needed to say, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to say nor how to say it. I would, however, love to hear more from your point of view. :-)
Back to top Go down
William Dragonwolfe

William Dragonwolfe

Men's Spirituality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men's Spirituality   Men's Spirituality Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 12:21 am

Hi Daystar,

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand how life can get hectic.

Have a Blessed Samhain!
Back to top Go down
StarDog

StarDog

Men's Spirituality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men's Spirituality   Men's Spirituality Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:25 am

Daystar, if you don't mind me asking, what do you have against AJ Drew?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Men's Spirituality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Men's Spirituality   Men's Spirituality Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Men's Spirituality
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WitchesBrewHaHa :: Show Comments! :: Show Comments!-
Jump to: