WitchesBrewHaHa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to chat with fans of the show, and get answers to your questions!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts on the nature of the universe, the soul, reincarnation, fate, and freewill.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard

Thoughts on the nature of the universe, the soul, reincarnation, fate, and freewill. Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the nature of the universe, the soul, reincarnation, fate, and freewill.   Thoughts on the nature of the universe, the soul, reincarnation, fate, and freewill. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:11 pm

I love this show! Unfortunately, it makes me think and I am forced to share my musings with someone. Smile Various episodes have sparked ideas regarding fate, freewill, and reincarnation. Here are some of my opinions. I don't expect anyone to agree with them, I just hope I can make them understood. Smile

In my ongoing mental ramblings, I have come up with some theories that make sense to me. I am not sure that I can convey them effectively since I can by no means recreate the random series of references, thoughts, and experiences that gave rise to them. Here is what I have.

It is my opinion that the universe, all of creation, the physical and the spiritual, is a manifestation of Deity contemplating Itself. The universe was not brought about by God stating, “Let there be light”, but by the question, “who/what/why am I?” That’s right; everything that is, is the result of Deity’s ongoing navel gazing. The universe is Deity. Just as humans study the material world by taking things apart, looking at smaller and smaller components of it, the basic building blocks as it were, and trying to understand how it works, so does Deity differentiate into all things to better grasp all aspects of Itself. All life is Deity. We are components of Deity. Our lives are Deity experiencing all things, which is Itself.

This leads to my thoughts about the nature of the soul. The Egyptian worldview included the Ba and the Ka. The Ba refers to all non-physical qualities that make up the personality of humans. The Ka was not an element of the personality, but a detached part of the self, which was sometimes said to guide the fortunes of the individual in life.

*(Information from the web that I think helps to illustrate my point.) Most Egyptologists refer to the Ba as being similar in meaning to the modern concept of the soul. However, this is an understatement. In fact, it is best understood as meaning "spiritual manifestation." In relation to the human experience, Richard Wilkinson explains, "the Ba was a spiritual aspect of the human being which survived at death, and which was imbued with the fullness of a person's individuality" (Wilkinson 1992.99). It is this form, this spiritual body of the individual/magician, which travels between the different worlds or spiritual realms.

The Ka is perhaps one of the most difficult concepts to describe for there is no clear modern translation for this word. Essentially, it appears to mean "double" as well as "vital force" and is a clear reference to a part of the individual that transcends the death of the physical body. Egyptologist Richard Wilkinson explains, "In all periods it is used as a term for the creative and sustaining power of life" (Wilkinson 1992.49). The Ka also came to be seen as a symbol of intellectual and spiritual power (Lurker 1980.73). As such, the essential meaning behind this concept is one of vitality and energy inherent in all living things. Interestingly, after the physical body, it is the Ka that is closest to the physical world and is the essence of the self that absorbs the energy of the offerings left during ritual and at the tombs.

A reoccurring theme emerges in many of the ancient texts; the realization that, the uniting of one's Ka with one's Ba are essential for the being's effectiveness (West 1985.64). For, as Egyptologist A. Lloyd explains, "Essentially, the Ka is the individual's vitality, the Ba the capacity for movement and effectiveness" (Lloyd 1989.117-133).

*(Going back to my personal thoughts.) The Ba is the Ego-soul. It is what makes me, me. It is the unique product of Deity immersing part of Itself into the experience of a single lifetime. The Ka is the Over-soul. It is that part of Deity, which experiences sequential incarnations, forming a new and unique Ego-soul each time. Past life memories or regressions, tap into the history of the Over-soul. When you communicate with those who have died, you access the individual Ego-soul of that lifetime. This brings me to Fate. Since I feel that all things are Deity learning about Itself then it follows that Deity will attempt to explore all situations from all angles. Therefore as the Over-soul progresses through life after life, there are lessons to be learned and experiences to be had. This is where fate and freewill enter into it. Think of the Over-soul as a student and the Ego-soul as the experience of a year of school. The Over-soul chooses a course of study, (fate) and enrolls in classes, (incarnates). The Ego-soul experiences classes and learns or not. Freewill allows the Ego-soul to skip classes, but the Over-soul needs them to graduate, (explore all situations). Those lessons not learned and experiences avoided will come up repeatedly as the Over-soul continues incarnating.

Blessed Be,
Richard
Back to top Go down
SoozB

Thoughts on the nature of the universe, the soul, reincarnation, fate, and freewill. Empty
PostSubject: Wow...   Thoughts on the nature of the universe, the soul, reincarnation, fate, and freewill. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:46 am

I admire someone who has thought so deeply and figured out so succinctly their belief systems... glad you shared.

I am more of a "I know what I don't believe" kind of person but love hearing about others spiritual journeys.

SoozB
Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the nature of the universe, the soul, reincarnation, fate, and freewill.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WitchesBrewHaHa :: Show Comments! :: Show Comments!-
Jump to: